Saturday, February 12, 2011

The Young Generation 1988 TV "Playing To Win"



This segment of clips include:

1. Intro clips before the song actually begins (of other clips of Joey & Courtney from the show)

2. Song - "Playing To Win" sung by Courtney Compagnino, Joey Dee, Rikki Arnot, Jamie Churchill, Juanita Coco, Johnnie Nuich. (Original artist: Little River Band)

Trivia: The exact same performance of this song also aired on Australia's TV series of "Young Talent Time" in 1988 as a tribute to the 1988 Summer and Winter Olympics.  The only difference is the hosts Michael Young voice introducing the USA version and host John Young's voice introducing the Australia version.

NOTE: These video clips are put on YouTube to remember the series and pay tribute to the show.  However, if it's an objection please send a message and the clips will be removed.

Also, the clips featured here are not taken from other YouTube sites.

For more info on these singers, check out the KidStarz "The New Generation" Fan Blog - http://newyoungeneration.blogspot.com/

---------------
Lyrics:

Playing To Win - as sung by The Young Generation
(original artist - Little River Band)

If you want it, come and get it.
You don't have a chance if you don't move now.
I'm not waiting any longer.
You know that I'm waiting to win this time.

When you make your move, I won't hesitate.
If you take too long, it'll be too late.
This time I'm playing to win.

If you want it, come and take it.
It won't be around for another chance.
Make your mind up, make a play.
You should be playing to win this time.

When you make your move, I won't hesitate.
If you take too long, it will be too late.
This time I'm playing to win.

All those wasted years, do you know I was only emotion away,
I got what I wanted for me, but I can see it was not gonna be easy.
I was a fool.

This time I'm playing to win.
If you want it, come and get it.
This time I'm playing to win.
I'm not waiting any longer.
This time I'm playing to win.
If you want it, come and get it.
This time I'm playing to win.

(end)
 (end)

No comments:

Post a Comment